This position is located in Vancouver, WA
Our client is seeking applicants for our Rebar Fabricator 1 position located in Vancouver, WA. Teammates are the key to our success and every teammate can and does make a difference. We prioritize safety in everything we do. A career with our client means stability, being heard and respected, and opportunity for personal and professional growth. Their parent company is an industry leader in precast concrete stormwater products. Our client is committed to being good stewards of the environment and is constantly striving to find new and innovative ways to decrease our carbon footprint. We’re looking to add a hardworking teammate with integrity and problem-solving skills.
Join the team of specialized rebar fabricators and work on Washington and Oregon States largest construction and infrastructure projects; Bend, cut, and manufacture reinforcing steel bars and reinforcing mats in accordance with customer’s orders. No experience required. All training is on the job!
- Operate shearing machine or power saw to cut reinforcing steel bars to length
- Operate bending machine to bend reinforcing steel bars to specified shape
- Operate overhead crane to move, assemble and select material to be fabricated or shipped
- Unload trailers and store material in storage bins
- Maintain the shop or designated area in a clean and safe manner.
Safety is the most important part of all jobs therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- Due to the operating conditions of the position, this is a safety sensitive position, therefore you must pass drug test and background check.
- Ability to read and comprehend basic safety and operational instructions
- Ability to read entry level manufacturing blueprints/submittal drawings
- Basic math skills to be able to calculate bar measurements
What You Should Know
- Overtime is often required during the summer construction season
- Some heavy lifting may be necessary
- Working conditions can be noisy/ dusty/ hot/ cold
Must have supervisor and/or manager recommendation and must be able to perform all essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Benefits for all Hire Source team members include:
-All employees are eligible to purchase medical, dental, vision
-Refer-A-Friend Bonus Program
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org