Summary: Responsible for visually inspecting/sorting out fruit from a moving conveyor. Removes fruit manually from conveyor belts based on predetermined quality attributes. Performs all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations. This is a seasonal, union position – full time during our fresh pack season, July through November, with additional hour opportunity after the season.
Shift work available:
Day: 7 am – 3 pm,
Swing: 3 pm – 11 pm
Graveyard: 11 pm – 7 am
- Visually inspects fresh fruit on conveyor lines.
- Manually removes inferior fruit on conveyor belt or table according to grade, color, and size.
- Discards defective items and foreign matter (stems and calyx).
- Communicates with line lead or quality personnel of quality issues.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred, not required; or any equivalent combination of training, experience and education that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- 1+ year of experience in a warehouse environment preferred.
- Able to visually inspect fruit, to stand, walk and climb stairs, and able to reach and use hands/wrists/arms repetitively.
- Able to lift up to 5 lbs. occasionally
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and work extended schedule during the canning season (typically July through November) requiring extra hours and weekend work.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org