This position is located in Portland, OR
Pay: $18.00/ HR
Shift: 7:00am-3:30pm Monday-Friday
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Distribution Associate is responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual and automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Packs and pulls orders with Radio Frequency (RF) hand held terminals.
- Loads and unloads trucks and containers.
- Stocks inventory with (RF) radio frequency hand held terminals.
- Processes orders on Warehouse Management System (WMS).
- Receives orders and finished goods on WMS with Radio Frequency terminals.
- Responsible for maintaining organized work area
- Required to become successfully certified on Powered Industrial Equipment, Fork Lift, Walkies, Turret Trucks, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
- Warehouse Management System/Radio Frequency (RF) hand held scanning experience
- Dependable with a good record of attendance
- Able to have a flexible work schedule and work overtime as required
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be able to communicate in English
- Practical PC experience
- High School diploma or equivalent experience
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Forklift Certification and Experience preferred
- Candidates must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening
- Candidates must be able to pass background check
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential job duties satisfactorily.
- The employee frequently is required to use arms, hands and fingers to handle, feel or reach
- The sensory requirements for this position include vision, hearing, and touch
- Frequently lifting, standing, bending and walking 8 hours a day on a concrete floor
- Must be able to lift/pull 50 pounds with no restrictions
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
EDUCATION and or/ EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a distribution center or warehouse environment.
- Basic English Skills are required.
- Valid Driver license
- Forklift Certification or ability to become certified
- Various lift trucks
- Hand truck
- Pallet jack
- Computer: Microsoft Office, WMS
- RF handheld equipment
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate. Due to the nature of the warehouse environment, temperature fluctuation can be extreme in cold or hot weather.
PROTECTIVE CLOTHING REQUIRED: Closed toe shoes
Benefits for all Hire Source team members include:
-All employees are eligible to purchase medical, dental, vision
-Refer-A-Friend Bonus Program
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com